European champion and sire Dayjur was euthanized Sept. 25 at Shadwell Farm in Lexington due to the infirmities of old age, according to an announcement from the farm. He was 26 and had been pensioned since 2010.
Manuel Rosales and Ronald Tagliaferro's Royal Indy died April 16, a day after foaling a Bellamy Road colt.
Banker's Gold, a grade II winner who stood in the U.S. before being sent to Cyprus earlier this year, was euthanized in April.
Champion Sky Beauty, one of the top racemares of the 1990s, died in Kentucky from foundering. She had delivered a Storm Cat colt May 28 for Eagle Holdings, a subsidiary of Irish-based Coolmore Stud.
Stick to Beauty, the dam of 1982 champion sprinter Gold Beauty and the foundation mare of the late Georgia Hofmann's Wycombe House Stud, was euthanized Friday morning at Taylor Made Farm due to the infirmities of old age. The venerable broodmare was 30-years-old.
Most Popular Stories
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Brazilian Champ Juno Pointing to Del Mar