European champion and sire Dayjur was euthanized Sept. 25 at Shadwell Farm in Lexington due to the infirmities of old age, according to an announcement from the farm. He was 26 and had been pensioned since 2010.
Manuel Rosales and Ronald Tagliaferro's Royal Indy died April 16, a day after foaling a Bellamy Road colt.
Banker's Gold, a grade II winner who stood in the U.S. before being sent to Cyprus earlier this year, was euthanized in April.
Champion Sky Beauty, one of the top racemares of the 1990s, died in Kentucky from foundering. She had delivered a Storm Cat colt May 28 for Eagle Holdings, a subsidiary of Irish-based Coolmore Stud.
Stick to Beauty, the dam of 1982 champion sprinter Gold Beauty and the foundation mare of the late Georgia Hofmann's Wycombe House Stud, was euthanized Friday morning at Taylor Made Farm due to the infirmities of old age. The venerable broodmare was 30-years-old.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- 'Sensation' Still Questionable For HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight