The Race Track Chaplaincy of America announced Aug. 20 that the national office of the organization will be formally moving to Georgetown, Ky., as of Jan. 1, 2010.
Members of the Georgetown, Ky., City Council voted 7-0 Aug. 27 to sell 20 acres of the former Bradshaw farm property to Tracy Hilander instead of the Race Track Chaplaincy of America.
Race Track Chaplaincy of America presented a $10,000 check to Georgetown, hoping to buy part of the former Bradshaw horse farm for use as its national headquarters.
The Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Ky. has entered into a partnership with nearby Georgetown College in an effort to provide what is described as "an exceptional learning experience" for students enrolled in the school's newly designed Equine Scholars Program.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail