The Race Track Chaplaincy of America announced Aug. 20 that the national office of the organization will be formally moving to Georgetown, Ky., as of Jan. 1, 2010.
Members of the Georgetown, Ky., City Council voted 7-0 Aug. 27 to sell 20 acres of the former Bradshaw farm property to Tracy Hilander instead of the Race Track Chaplaincy of America.
Race Track Chaplaincy of America presented a $10,000 check to Georgetown, hoping to buy part of the former Bradshaw horse farm for use as its national headquarters.
The Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Ky. has entered into a partnership with nearby Georgetown College in an effort to provide what is described as "an exceptional learning experience" for students enrolled in the school's newly designed Equine Scholars Program.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen
- Main Sequence Works at Palm Meadows
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- NZ Premier Sale Off to Solid Start at Karaka
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Racing Investigators to Meet in NJ in March
- National HBPA Sets Convention Agenda