The Race Track Chaplaincy of America announced Aug. 20 that the national office of the organization will be formally moving to Georgetown, Ky., as of Jan. 1, 2010.
Members of the Georgetown, Ky., City Council voted 7-0 Aug. 27 to sell 20 acres of the former Bradshaw farm property to Tracy Hilander instead of the Race Track Chaplaincy of America.
Race Track Chaplaincy of America presented a $10,000 check to Georgetown, hoping to buy part of the former Bradshaw horse farm for use as its national headquarters.
The Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Ky. has entered into a partnership with nearby Georgetown College in an effort to provide what is described as "an exceptional learning experience" for students enrolled in the school's newly designed Equine Scholars Program.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos