A steady presence on the Mid-Atlantic circuit, and Maryland in particular, since taking out her license in 1980, Mary Eppler made history Dec. 30 as the first female trainer to win a Laurel Park training title.
With Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Nyquist scheduled to arrive at Pimlico Race Course May 9 between 4-5 p.m. EDT, a field of challengers is already taken form for the May 21 Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Due to heavy fog near Aqueduct and bad weather near Laurel Park, live racing has been canceled at those tracks for Saturday, Jan. 11.
For the sixth straight racing day, rain Saturday forced Pimlico to move races scheduled for the turf to the main track. The inclement weather has forced racing officials to shift grass races on 11 of 20 days, with only 20 of the 49 races scheduled on the turf making it.
Most Popular Stories
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- What's Going On Here: Upper Crust
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance