With Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Nyquist scheduled to arrive at Pimlico Race Course May 9 between 4-5 p.m. EDT, a field of challengers is already taken form for the May 21 Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Due to heavy fog near Aqueduct and bad weather near Laurel Park, live racing has been canceled at those tracks for Saturday, Jan. 11.
For the sixth straight racing day, rain Saturday forced Pimlico to move races scheduled for the turf to the main track. The inclement weather has forced racing officials to shift grass races on 11 of 20 days, with only 20 of the 49 races scheduled on the turf making it.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby