A steady presence on the Mid-Atlantic circuit, and Maryland in particular, since taking out her license in 1980, Mary Eppler made history Dec. 30 as the first female trainer to win a Laurel Park training title.
With Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Nyquist scheduled to arrive at Pimlico Race Course May 9 between 4-5 p.m. EDT, a field of challengers is already taken form for the May 21 Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Due to heavy fog near Aqueduct and bad weather near Laurel Park, live racing has been canceled at those tracks for Saturday, Jan. 11.
For the sixth straight racing day, rain Saturday forced Pimlico to move races scheduled for the turf to the main track. The inclement weather has forced racing officials to shift grass races on 11 of 20 days, with only 20 of the 49 races scheduled on the turf making it.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Honorable Duty Holds Strong in Mineshaft Handicap
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death