A steady presence on the Mid-Atlantic circuit, and Maryland in particular, since taking out her license in 1980, Mary Eppler made history Dec. 30 as the first female trainer to win a Laurel Park training title.
With Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Nyquist scheduled to arrive at Pimlico Race Course May 9 between 4-5 p.m. EDT, a field of challengers is already taken form for the May 21 Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Due to heavy fog near Aqueduct and bad weather near Laurel Park, live racing has been canceled at those tracks for Saturday, Jan. 11.
For the sixth straight racing day, rain Saturday forced Pimlico to move races scheduled for the turf to the main track. The inclement weather has forced racing officials to shift grass races on 11 of 20 days, with only 20 of the 49 races scheduled on the turf making it.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen