The Del Mar crowd roared as California Chrome put a head in front of Dortmund in the final turn of the $200,000 San Diego Handicap (gr. II) July 23, but little did they know the battle they were in store for in the stretch.
Iron Rob, an added entry to the $75,000 San Pedro Stakes after it was washed away by a rainstorm March 11, upset heavily favored Denman's Call in the six-furlong sprint March 20.
French import Flavien Prat is one of many up-and-coming young jockeys hoping to take the reins from the sport's best. He rides Pain and Misery in the San Felipe (gr. II) and Silentio in the Kilroe Mile (gr. IT) March 7.
Game On Dude, who topped the first edition of the Longines World's Best Racehorse Rankings for 2014, heads the field for the 75th renewal of the Gold Cup at Santa Anita Handicap (gr. I) June 28 at Santa Anita Park.
Imperative pounced on a softened-up Game On Dude rounding the final turn and proved best in the drive to land a $1 million payday at odds of 26-1 in the Charles Town Classic (gr. II) April 19 at Charles Town Races.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa