Wachtel Stable and George Kerr's aptly named Long On Value ran down game front-runner Sawyer's Hill to take the $200,000 Twilight Derby (gr. IIT) Oct. 31 at Santa Anita Park.
Wachtel Stable and George Kerr's Long On Value, who won the first three starts of his career at 2, finally returned to the winner's circle in the $200,000 Mystic Lake Derby for 3-year-olds at Canterbury Park Sept. 13.
Equine Sales Company posted record gross receipts during its consignor select yearling sale Sept. 3 in Louisiana, an auction that also featured a supplement of racing age horses from Coteau Grove Farms.
Back to Class, a stakes-placed full sister to multiple graded stakes winner Chapel Royal, sold for $85,000 to Adena Springs to top the consignor preferred session of Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s winter mixed sale Jan. 22.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Belinda Stronach Keynote Speaker at Pan Am Conference
- NYRA Privatization Stalls During NY Budget Wrangling
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Breeders' Cup, NTRA Launch New Contest Website
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Sunny Ridge Named New Jersey's 2016 Horse of the Year