Paul Ryneveld was named equine manager at Fairplex and will oversee the Los Angeles County Fair facility's live race meet, simulcast operation and training program beginning on March 19.
Fairplex Park set a record for total handle during its 16-day run in 2006 that ended Sept. 25 when it averaged more than $7.1 million daily. It was the second straight year the Los Angeles County Fairgrounds racetrack surpassed its previous handle mark and the third time in the past four years.
As the Fairplex Park meet winds down, questions still linger as to the future of live racing at Southern California's only fair meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Preparing for Breeding Season
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch