Paul Ryneveld was named equine manager at Fairplex and will oversee the Los Angeles County Fair facility's live race meet, simulcast operation and training program beginning on March 19.
Fairplex Park set a record for total handle during its 16-day run in 2006 that ended Sept. 25 when it averaged more than $7.1 million daily. It was the second straight year the Los Angeles County Fairgrounds racetrack surpassed its previous handle mark and the third time in the past four years.
As the Fairplex Park meet winds down, questions still linger as to the future of live racing at Southern California's only fair meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Espinoza Fined for Wearing Promo Material
- Woodward Stakes Field Could Prove Intriguing
- Zivo Returns Against NY-Breds at Spa
- CTT Pledges Funds for Barn Surveillance
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Cuomo Authorizes Further 1% Share to NYTHA
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'