Paul Ryneveld was named equine manager at Fairplex and will oversee the Los Angeles County Fair facility's live race meet, simulcast operation and training program beginning on March 19.
Fairplex Park set a record for total handle during its 16-day run in 2006 that ended Sept. 25 when it averaged more than $7.1 million daily. It was the second straight year the Los Angeles County Fairgrounds racetrack surpassed its previous handle mark and the third time in the past four years.
As the Fairplex Park meet winds down, questions still linger as to the future of live racing at Southern California's only fair meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade III winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- Research Produces Cobalt Test Recommendation
- Banke, Haggin Join Keeneland Advisory Board
- Renovations Noted at 'Gulfstream Park West'
- The Week in Photos for 9/30/2014
- Santa Anita Can't Hurt Shared Belief
- TOBA September Member of the Month
- Plan in Works to Save Suffolk Downs Racing