Outsider Lochbuie, hard-ridden by jockey John Egan for the final quarter-mile, caught the gallant 8-year-old Mubtaker in the final strides to register a neck victory in the Geoffrey Freer Stakes (Eng-II) at Newbury Saturday.
Seven-year-old Mubtaker, second in last year's Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (F-I) and on the sidelines since then, returned Saturday to win the Geoffrey Freer Stakes (Eng-II) for the third time at Newbury.
Hamdan Al Maktoum's Mubtaker, a brilliant 3 1/2-length victor in Saturday's Geoffrey Freer Stakes (Eng-II) at Newbury for the second straight year, may be headed for Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash