Thoroughbred Legends Racing Stable has appointed Stacy Schanher Berge as director of investor relations.
Eclipse Award winner Princess Rooney has been diagnosed with equine protozoal myeloencephalitis and is being treated at Gentry Brothers Farm near Lexington.
War, who won the 1987 Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) following the disqualification of Alysheba, was euthanized in August at Dr. Pamela Barlow's Wandering Farm near Bowie, Texas, because of complications from arthritis.
Pancho Villa, a speedy son of Secretariat, suffered a heart attack and died right before he was getting ready to cover his first mare this breeding season at Dr. Steve Hicks' Cedarcrest Farm near Palestine, Texas.
Aptitude, a millionaire and grade I winner, sired his first winner when his son P R Indy won Aug. 17.
- By Ray Paulick
Brilliant. Determined. Independent. Selfless. Responsible. Innovative. Cantankerous. Those are just a few of the words friends and associates used to describe John R. Gaines.
Gold Alert, sire of grade I winner Golden Bri, has been acquired by Anthony Gentry's Gentry Farms for stallion duty at the Boerne, Texas, farm.
Gilded Lilly, dam of champion and successful sire Gilded Time, died Feb. 12 of a ruptured aorta at Castleton Lyons Farm near Lexington.
John R. Gaines announced Monday he has sold his bloodstock company, John R. Gaines Thoroughbreds.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Named 2016 Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- Smith Eagerly Awaits 'Chrome'-Arrogate Rematch
- Arrogate Celebrated as Longines World's Best Racehorse
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - January 24, 2017
- Lea Gets Bay Filly as First Foal
- Total of 418 3-year-olds Nominated to 2017 Triple Crown
- Behind Scenes of Arrogate’s World’s Best Ranking
- Champion Steeplechaser Rawnaq to Miss 2017 Season
- Pegasus Features Several Unique Conditions