Bobby Frankel, the nation's leading trainer with a North American record $17.8 million in purses, will saddle two horses in the $70,000 Bien Bien Stakes Tuesday when Hollywood Park opens its 23rd Autumn Meet with a special Veterans' Day card.
Trainers Richard Mandella and Mike Mitchell confirmed Saturday that they would join William Currin in an attempt to derail the Bob Baffert Express in the upcoming $250,000 Del Mar Futurity (gr. II).
The $300,000 Del Mar Futurity (gr. II) on closing day Wednesday continues to shape up as a yet another Bob Baffert revue for 2-year-olds going seven furlongs on the main track.
Gentlemen's Club, the first winner from Gentlemen's first crop as a sire, will move up to stakes company for his next start. The Richard Mandella trainee won at first asking Sunday in a five-furlong maiden race.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate, California Chrome Meet Again in Pegasus
- NYSGC Suspends Jockey Agent Gonzalez for 10 Years
- Trainer Chad Brown Finally Lands His Knockout
- Semper Fortis Takes Ralis' Spot in Pegasus World Cup
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- American Lion Gelding, Overdriven Filly Top OBS Works
- Beautyinthepulpit to New York's Buckridge Farm
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work