Bobby Frankel, the nation's leading trainer with a North American record $17.8 million in purses, will saddle two horses in the $70,000 Bien Bien Stakes Tuesday when Hollywood Park opens its 23rd Autumn Meet with a special Veterans' Day card.
Trainers Richard Mandella and Mike Mitchell confirmed Saturday that they would join William Currin in an attempt to derail the Bob Baffert Express in the upcoming $250,000 Del Mar Futurity (gr. II).
The $300,000 Del Mar Futurity (gr. II) on closing day Wednesday continues to shape up as a yet another Bob Baffert revue for 2-year-olds going seven furlongs on the main track.
Gentlemen's Club, the first winner from Gentlemen's first crop as a sire, will move up to stakes company for his next start. The Richard Mandella trainee won at first asking Sunday in a five-furlong maiden race.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen
- Keeneland September continues steady progress
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- MGC Offers Help for Displaced Suffolk Workers
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released