Bobby Frankel, the nation's leading trainer with a North American record $17.8 million in purses, will saddle two horses in the $70,000 Bien Bien Stakes Tuesday when Hollywood Park opens its 23rd Autumn Meet with a special Veterans' Day card.
Trainers Richard Mandella and Mike Mitchell confirmed Saturday that they would join William Currin in an attempt to derail the Bob Baffert Express in the upcoming $250,000 Del Mar Futurity (gr. II).
The $300,000 Del Mar Futurity (gr. II) on closing day Wednesday continues to shape up as a yet another Bob Baffert revue for 2-year-olds going seven furlongs on the main track.
Gentlemen's Club, the first winner from Gentlemen's first crop as a sire, will move up to stakes company for his next start. The Richard Mandella trainee won at first asking Sunday in a five-furlong maiden race.
Most Popular Stories
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- Is Ceftiofur Sodium an Effective Treatment for Placentitis?
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23
- 2014 New Mexico Champions Announced
- Texas Red Set for Super Return in San Vicente
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week