Bobby Frankel, the nation's leading trainer with a North American record $17.8 million in purses, will saddle two horses in the $70,000 Bien Bien Stakes Tuesday when Hollywood Park opens its 23rd Autumn Meet with a special Veterans' Day card.
Trainers Richard Mandella and Mike Mitchell confirmed Saturday that they would join William Currin in an attempt to derail the Bob Baffert Express in the upcoming $250,000 Del Mar Futurity (gr. II).
The $300,000 Del Mar Futurity (gr. II) on closing day Wednesday continues to shape up as a yet another Bob Baffert revue for 2-year-olds going seven furlongs on the main track.
Gentlemen's Club, the first winner from Gentlemen's first crop as a sire, will move up to stakes company for his next start. The Richard Mandella trainee won at first asking Sunday in a five-furlong maiden race.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Nutritional Management of Insulin Resistance in Horses
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise