Mambo Meister, second in last year's Miami Mile Handicap (gr. IIIT), is back for the opening-day feature at Calder Casino & Race Course April 25, where he will face Sunshine Millions Turf winner Jet Propulsion.
Munnings, a sharp winner of consecutive grade II races last year, kicks off his 2010 campaign in the $100,000 Mr. Prospector Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park Jan. 9.
No one has been able to touch the swift J Be K in his five prior sprint races, but 10 other 3-year-olds intend to give it a try in the $250,000 NetJets King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Aug. 23.
Golden Spikes, on the Triple Crown trail earlier this year, is beginning to find a niche as a sprinter, as he captured the $250,000 Carry Back Stakes July 12 at Calder Race Course for his second win in a row.
Speed will be the order of day going into Saturday's Carry Back Stakes (gr. II) at six furlongs at Calder Race Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Breeding Fund Changes Approved by PA House
- Name Change for Historical Racing Company
- HRRN to Broadcast Queen's Plate Live
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom