A pair of lightly raced undefeated juvenile stakes winners–Roman Ruler and Chandtrue–rate marquee billing in the Sept. 8 Del Mar Futurity (gr. II), the traditional getaway-day feature of the 43-day race summer meet.
Unbeaten Chandtrue, whose three wins by a combined 15 1/2 lengths include a pair of stakes victories, figures as a heavy favorite against four challengers Saturday in the 65th running of the $100,000 Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III) at Hollywood Park.
Chandtrue beat Dance Thief by four lengths Sunday in the $79,125 Willard L. Proctor Memorial Stakes for 2-year-olds at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Date Announced for Second CBA Symposium
- Heleringer Resigns as KEEP Executive Director
- That Handicapping Show: Los Alamitos Futurity
- EquiLottery, AmTote in Strategic Relationship
- RCI Appoints Five to New Medication Board
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- EVA Vaccines: What You Need to Know