Genting Americas, Inc. today announced the appointment of Scott Molina as President of Resorts World Casino New York City (RWCNYC), effective immediately.
At issue is an infusion of cash flowing since October to the Nassau County Off-Track Betting Corp. from 460 video lottery terminals—out of 5,500 total VLTs—at Aqueduct's Resorts World casino.
New York state, in its greatest expansion of gambling, has selected three winning bidders to operate full commercial casinos in separate areas of the state but rejected proposals by Genting Americas and Churchill Downs, Inc.
Genting Americas is using its casino anniversary at Aqueduct Racetrack Oct. 28 as part of a well-timed message to proclaim how valuable it has been to New York State government.
Genting Americas said April 23 it is jumping into the increasingly crowded field to try to win a license to open a full-scale casino resort in New York state.
Genting Americas has contributed more than $1.3 billion in payments to New York State and more than $200 million to the New York Racing Association and purse and breeding funds since opening Resorts World Casino at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup