New York state, in its greatest expansion of gambling, has selected three winning bidders to operate full commercial casinos in separate areas of the state but rejected proposals by Genting Americas and Churchill Downs, Inc.
Genting Americas is using its casino anniversary at Aqueduct Racetrack Oct. 28 as part of a well-timed message to proclaim how valuable it has been to New York State government.
Genting Americas said April 23 it is jumping into the increasingly crowded field to try to win a license to open a full-scale casino resort in New York state.
Genting Americas has contributed more than $1.3 billion in payments to New York State and more than $200 million to the New York Racing Association and purse and breeding funds since opening Resorts World Casino at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm