New York state, in its greatest expansion of gambling, has selected three winning bidders to operate full commercial casinos in separate areas of the state but rejected proposals by Genting Americas and Churchill Downs, Inc.
Genting Americas is using its casino anniversary at Aqueduct Racetrack Oct. 28 as part of a well-timed message to proclaim how valuable it has been to New York State government.
Genting Americas said April 23 it is jumping into the increasingly crowded field to try to win a license to open a full-scale casino resort in New York state.
Genting Americas has contributed more than $1.3 billion in payments to New York State and more than $200 million to the New York Racing Association and purse and breeding funds since opening Resorts World Casino at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Happy Holidays From Blood-Horse Publications
- Ohio-Bred Fund to Top $5 Million in 2015