Walk This Way staked a claim as the top 3-year-old Louisiana-bred at Fair Grounds this meet by winning Saturday's $100,000 Gentilly Handicap for state-breds on the turf.
Services will be held April 11 in New Orleans for Samuel D. Soileau, 53, a lifelong horseman from Louisiana who died Monday in Texas of a heart attack.
Racing for the first time on the grass, 16-1 shot Zarb's Music cashed in with a solid victory over the Stall-Wilson turf course in the $100,000 Gentilly Handicap Saturday at Fair Grounds.
Multiple Louisiana-bred stakes winner Witt Ante makes his first career start on turf in the $100,000 Gentilly Handicap for 3-year-olds Saturday at Fair Grounds.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Bullheaded Boy First Winner for Bullsbay
- Hawthorne Drops Race Dates, Cuts Fall Stakes
- King's Bishop Likely Option for Wildcat Red
- Makari Wins Smithwick for Voss Murray
- First Winner for Sire Concord Point
- Dayatthespa, Big Blue Kitten on Whitney Card
- Catalano, On Mend, Gets Arlington Win 1,000