Sunrise Smarty took all the heat up front and still had just enough to hang on for a half-length win in the $100,000 Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III) on Thanksgiving at Aqueduct.
The Thanksgiving Day Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. IIIT), the holiday feature at Aqueduct, drew a field of 10 older sprinters.
Heavily favored Friend Or Foe returned to the winner's circle at Belmont Park with a front-running stakes-record victory in the $200,000 Empire Classic for New York-breds, the centerpiece of New York Showcase Day Oct. 23.
Discreetly Mine, entering off an impressive graded sprint win last out, returns as the horse to beat in the $150,000 Amsterdam Stakes (gr. II) Aug. 2 at Saratoga.
Friend Or Foe wore down pacesetter General Maximus and drew clear to win the $100,000 Mike Lee Stakes for New York-breds at Belmont Park on June 20.
A pair of colts with proven stakes credentials headline the $100,000 Mike Lee Stakes, the featured race at Belmont Park June 20. The Mike Lee is the first leg of the OTB Big Apple Triple.
Trainer John Terranova swept both ends of the New York Stallion Stakes at Belmont Park on May 2 with a pair of favorites, Franny Freud and General Maximus.
Radiohead, in his first start since finishing seventh in last fall's Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I), coasted to a 3 1/2-length win over Homeboykris in a $44,000 allowance race at Gulfstream Park Feb. 27.
Gulfstream Park's third race Feb. 27 features grade I winner Homeboykris, grade I competitor Radiohead, and impressive winners General Maximus and Thomas Got Even.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Breeder, Businessman Garvin Dies at Age 71
- Filly First Winner for Sire Elusive Warning
- After the Wire: Bernard Baruch & Woodward S.
- Condo Commando 'Splash-tastic' in Spinaway
- Belmont Fall Championship Meet Opens Sept. 5
- Midnight Storm Shakes Up Del Mar Derby
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Longshots on Saratoga's Closing Day
- Itsmyluckyday Unlikely to Return in Gold Cup