Wachtel Stable and George Kerr's Long On Value, who won the first three starts of his career at 2, finally returned to the winner's circle in the $200,000 Mystic Lake Derby for 3-year-olds at Canterbury Park Sept. 13.
The richest race of the 68-day Canterbury Park season, the $200,000 Mystic Lake Derby, features a field of 12 3-year-olds Sept. 13 including 4-1 morning line favorite Long On Value, trained by Bill Mott.
Favored General Jack made easy work of the $204,600 Centaur Stakes for 3-year-olds July 2 at Indiana Grand Racing & Casino, drawing off to a three-length victory on the turf.
Three-time stakes winner Storming Inti and grade III winner Global View lead a well-balanced field of 11 3-year-olds entered in the American Turf Stakes Presented by Ram Trucks (gr. IIT) at Churchill Downs May 3.
The With Anticipation Stakes (gr. II) Aug. 29 at Saratoga Race Course promises to reunite Tiger Bourbon, General Jack, and Bashart, the top three finishers from a July 12 maiden race on the Belmont Park turf.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?
- For January Race, Pegasus Field Depth Impressive
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year