Turning Top became a graded stakes winner in her first try at 10 furlongs when she ran down longshot pacesetter Princess Taylor in the $100,000 Beverly Hills Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Hollywood Park June 26.
Tuscan Evening has so dominated the Southern California older female turf division this year that her absence leaves the $100,000 Beverly Hills Handicap (gr. IIIT) wide open June 26 at Hollywood Park.
For all of Tuscan Evening's success in the past two seasons, the one thing that has eluded her is a grade I victory, an omission she'll try to correct in the $250,000 Gamely Stakes May 29 at Hollywood Park.
Prohibitive choice Tuscan Evening picked up her fourth graded stakes win of the Santa Anita season when she led all the way in defeating three rivals in the $147,000 Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIT) April 17.
Tuscan Evening goes for an extremely rare achievement at Santa Anita when she attempts to win her fourth graded stakes of the meet in the $200,000 Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIT) April 17.
The ultra-consistent mare Tuscan Evening had no problem handling a little extra distance in the Santa Ana Handicap (gr. IIT), leading all the way for her ninth win in 13 Southern California races March 21 at Santa Anita.
Tuscan Evening, bidding for her ninth win in 13 starts since arriving in the United States last year, faces seven rivals in the $150,000 Santa Ana Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf course March 21.
Most Popular Stories
- No Deal Yet on Will Take Charge, Horton Says
- That Handicapping Show: Dania Beach Stakes
- Easthams Re-Launch Legacy Bloodstock
- OH Panel to New Track: No Tellers, No Permit
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Close to VLT Agreements
- Tranquility Farm Downsizing, Moving North
- Woodbine Has Per-Card Wagering Rise in 2013
- Canterbury Releases 2014 Stakes Schedule
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Bill Presented to Expand KTDF Availability