The great Secretariat is not exactly in Herod's position yet as a universal influence on pedigrees, but he may be moving in that direction.
Even though preliminary recommendations on self-regulation for the auction industry have been released by the Sales Integrity Task Force, the Kentucky legislature still has several months before it will act on them.
Legislation that would allow Colonial Downs to offer Instant Racing has been attached to a bill dealing with account wagering issues and is headed to the floor of the Virginia House of Delegates. Virginia's General Assembly's session ends Feb. 24.
The short length of the 2007 General Assembly session in Kentucky may be the biggest hurdle tax relief for the horse industry will face. Additionally, there is a gubernatorial election, and during off year sessions, tax issues must be passed with a two-thirds supermajority.
General Assembly, a grade I winner from Secretariat's second crop, has been euthanized in Germany,
Secret Flame, a yearling daughter of General Meeting, brought the top price of $40,000 during the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders Association (WTBA) winter mixed sale Sunday at Emerald Downs.
Highlights of this week's report from Saratoga: Redemption for Lukas and Azeri...Anniversary of an historic Travers... No spa visit for Actxecutive... Stamina in the Family of Afleet Alex... Sir Shackleton, Zito's Sleeper.
Most Popular Stories
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Clubhouse Ride Retired to Stud in California
- Live Chat - Friday, March 6 at NOON EST
- Seven Seek First Graded Score in Las Flores
- Jockey Chapa Appeals Suspension, Fine
- Avila Draws Suspension Dates, Plans to Appeal
- Metaboss Working Toward Spiral Start
- The Big Beast Looking at Stakes Return