The great Secretariat is not exactly in Herod's position yet as a universal influence on pedigrees, but he may be moving in that direction.
- By Ryan Conley
Even though preliminary recommendations on self-regulation for the auction industry have been released by the Sales Integrity Task Force, the Kentucky legislature still has several months before it will act on them.
- By Nick Hahn
Legislation that would allow Colonial Downs to offer Instant Racing has been attached to a bill dealing with account wagering issues and is headed to the floor of the Virginia House of Delegates. Virginia's General Assembly's session ends Feb. 24.
The short length of the 2007 General Assembly session in Kentucky may be the biggest hurdle tax relief for the horse industry will face. Additionally, there is a gubernatorial election, and during off year sessions, tax issues must be passed with a two-thirds supermajority.
General Assembly, a grade I winner from Secretariat's second crop, has been euthanized in Germany,
Secret Flame, a yearling daughter of General Meeting, brought the top price of $40,000 during the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders Association (WTBA) winter mixed sale Sunday at Emerald Downs.
Highlights of this week's report from Saratoga: Redemption for Lukas and Azeri...Anniversary of an historic Travers... No spa visit for Actxecutive... Stamina in the Family of Afleet Alex... Sir Shackleton, Zito's Sleeper.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Breeder Lucy Bassett Dies at 87
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer
- Ohio Steps Up in American Stakes