The great Secretariat is not exactly in Herod's position yet as a universal influence on pedigrees, but he may be moving in that direction.
Even though preliminary recommendations on self-regulation for the auction industry have been released by the Sales Integrity Task Force, the Kentucky legislature still has several months before it will act on them.
Legislation that would allow Colonial Downs to offer Instant Racing has been attached to a bill dealing with account wagering issues and is headed to the floor of the Virginia House of Delegates. Virginia's General Assembly's session ends Feb. 24.
The short length of the 2007 General Assembly session in Kentucky may be the biggest hurdle tax relief for the horse industry will face. Additionally, there is a gubernatorial election, and during off year sessions, tax issues must be passed with a two-thirds supermajority.
General Assembly, a grade I winner from Secretariat's second crop, has been euthanized in Germany,
Secret Flame, a yearling daughter of General Meeting, brought the top price of $40,000 during the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders Association (WTBA) winter mixed sale Sunday at Emerald Downs.
Highlights of this week's report from Saratoga: Redemption for Lukas and Azeri...Anniversary of an historic Travers... No spa visit for Actxecutive... Stamina in the Family of Afleet Alex... Sir Shackleton, Zito's Sleeper.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Fields Shaping Up for Wood Memorial Day
- Castellano Gears Up for Busy FL Derby Day
- Gulfstream Should Have Lucrative FL Derby Day
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Competitive Edge Wins Comeback at Gulfstream
- One Lucky Dane to Join Dortmund in SA Derby
- Dubai Trackwork Notes, March 27
- License Review Likely for Charged Penn Vets