Millionaire California-bred Men's Exclusive, who made a one-race comeback at age 11 after languishing in retirement for about a year, has been retired for good, trainer Wesley Ward and owner Debbie Reed said.
Ten-year-old Men's Exclusive overtook heavy betting favorite Hombre Rapido entering the stretch and held off Golden Hare for a half-length victory Wednesday in the $79,040 classified allowance feature at Santa Anita Park.
After a long and productive career, sprint specialist 10-year-old Men's Exclusive begins his final season in the Sunshine Millions on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Guest Suite Taking Farish, Howard on Classic Ride