Bettors were pretty sure they didn't see this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner among the 23 individual choices in pool 1 of the 2012 Derby future wager, making the mutuel field the 3-2 choice.
Jason Shandler looks at Todd Pletcher's Derby hopefuls. read blog
His stout pedigree and an affinity for the Churchill Downs main track set up Tiznow's grade II Kentucky Jockey Club Stakes winner Gemologist for consideration in the 2012 Kentucky Derby.
WinStar Farm and Todd Pletcher, who won the Kentucky Jockey Club in 2009 with Super Saver before sending him off to win the Kentucky Derby, completed the first part of the double again with Gemologist Nov. 26 at Churchill.
WinStar Farm and Todd Pletcher hope history will repeat itself, as likely favorite Gemologist leads a field of 11 juveniles in the Kentucky Jockey Club Stakes (gr. II) Nov. 26 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- First Winners for Pair of Louisiana Stallions
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- Emerald Downs to Unveil New Video Screen
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast
- Lochte Seeks Winning Form in Oceanport