Ellis Park in Henderson, Ky., will host a new handicapping contest with an estimated purse of $300,000 over the Labor Day weekend in 2013.
Ellis Park owner Ron Geary unveiled a new brand and outlined plans for the Henderson, Ky. racetrack's 2007 season during a press conference Jan. 30.
Ron Geary, who is expected to close on his purchase of Ellis Park in late September, will discuss his vision for the western Kentucky racetrack at an Oct. 2 meeting of the Louisville Thoroughbred Club.
- By Tom LaMarra
Kentucky racing in the summer months hasn't gotten much attention over the years, but that could change if Ron Geary has his way.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Breeding Fund Changes Approved by PA House
- Name Change for Historical Racing Company
- HRRN to Broadcast Queen's Plate Live
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom