Ellis Park in Henderson, Ky., will host a new handicapping contest with an estimated purse of $300,000 over the Labor Day weekend in 2013.
Ellis Park owner Ron Geary unveiled a new brand and outlined plans for the Henderson, Ky. racetrack's 2007 season during a press conference Jan. 30.
Ron Geary, who is expected to close on his purchase of Ellis Park in late September, will discuss his vision for the western Kentucky racetrack at an Oct. 2 meeting of the Louisville Thoroughbred Club.
Kentucky racing in the summer months hasn't gotten much attention over the years, but that could change if Ron Geary has his way.
Most Popular Stories
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Penn National Plans to Race 200 Days in 2014
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- TOBA November Member of the Month
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- TOBA Ownership Webcasts
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014