Ellis Park in Henderson, Ky., will host a new handicapping contest with an estimated purse of $300,000 over the Labor Day weekend in 2013.
Ellis Park owner Ron Geary unveiled a new brand and outlined plans for the Henderson, Ky. racetrack's 2007 season during a press conference Jan. 30.
Ron Geary, who is expected to close on his purchase of Ellis Park in late September, will discuss his vision for the western Kentucky racetrack at an Oct. 2 meeting of the Louisville Thoroughbred Club.
- By Tom LaMarra
Kentucky racing in the summer months hasn't gotten much attention over the years, but that could change if Ron Geary has his way.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- NYRA Looking at Synthetic Track for Aqueduct
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Brody's Cause? An Iowa Community College