Bronze Abe won the $75,000 Conniver Stakes at Laurel Park Sunday, but runner-up Search For A Cure made the 4-year-old gray mare really work for it. The victory was the fifth added money win for the daughter of Two Punch.
Heavy favorite Bear Fan pulled her way to the lead coming out of the far turn and held off the closing Gazillion for a one-length victory in the $200,000 Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Laurel Park Saturday.
A field of 12 has been entered in the $200,000 Barbara Fritchie Handicap (gr. II), a Feb. 14 feature that kicks off Laurel Park's Winter SprintFest weekend.
The hard-knocking gray mare Bronze Abe bounced to the lead and battled head-to-head almost to the finish line to win the $73,500 What A Summer Stakes Saturday at Laurel Park, marking the fourth straight year the daughter of Two Punch has won an added money race in Maryland.
Champion sprinter Xtra Heat broke on top and went on to score an authoritative victory in Saturday's $50,000 What a Summer Stakes for fillies and mares at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Take Charge Lady is KY Broodmare of the Year
- Wicked Strong Puts in Solid Breeze at Belmont
- NTRA Reports Positive Financial Results
- Broodmare of the Year Take Charge Lady
- Slideshow: Take Charge Lady
- That Handicapping Show: Illinois Derby
- Interest High for Oklahoma City Summer Sale
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail