Stuart S. Janney III's homebred Air Support found his best stride late in the Bowling Green Stakes Sept. 8 at Belmont Park, winning his first race of 2012 by a head and perhaps punching his ticket to the Breeders' Cup Turf.
Air Support, coming from the clouds, surged past 20-1 shot Casino Host in deep stretch to capture the $600,000 Virginia Derby (gr. IIT) by a neck over the closing Banned on the turf at Colonial Downs July 16.
Cinque Cento scored an emotional upset success for owner Stuart Ramsey and trainer Peter Moody in the AUS$500,000 Doomben Cup (Aus-I) at Brisbane's oval on May 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test