Stuart S. Janney III's homebred Air Support found his best stride late in the Bowling Green Stakes Sept. 8 at Belmont Park, winning his first race of 2012 by a head and perhaps punching his ticket to the Breeders' Cup Turf.
Air Support, coming from the clouds, surged past 20-1 shot Casino Host in deep stretch to capture the $600,000 Virginia Derby (gr. IIT) by a neck over the closing Banned on the turf at Colonial Downs July 16.
Cinque Cento scored an emotional upset success for owner Stuart Ramsey and trainer Peter Moody in the AUS$500,000 Doomben Cup (Aus-I) at Brisbane's oval on May 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- NY Regulators Tighten Underage Gambling Rules
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Beam Appointed to Ohio Fund Advisory Panel
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music