Stuart S. Janney III's homebred Air Support found his best stride late in the Bowling Green Stakes Sept. 8 at Belmont Park, winning his first race of 2012 by a head and perhaps punching his ticket to the Breeders' Cup Turf.
Air Support, coming from the clouds, surged past 20-1 shot Casino Host in deep stretch to capture the $600,000 Virginia Derby (gr. IIT) by a neck over the closing Banned on the turf at Colonial Downs July 16.
Cinque Cento scored an emotional upset success for owner Stuart Ramsey and trainer Peter Moody in the AUS$500,000 Doomben Cup (Aus-I) at Brisbane's oval on May 19.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse
- RCI to Consider Horses-in-Training Rules
- The Week in Photos for 7/29/2014
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- WGOH: Patience Is Shah's Virtue
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th