Stuart S. Janney III's homebred Air Support found his best stride late in the Bowling Green Stakes Sept. 8 at Belmont Park, winning his first race of 2012 by a head and perhaps punching his ticket to the Breeders' Cup Turf.
Air Support, coming from the clouds, surged past 20-1 shot Casino Host in deep stretch to capture the $600,000 Virginia Derby (gr. IIT) by a neck over the closing Banned on the turf at Colonial Downs July 16.
Cinque Cento scored an emotional upset success for owner Stuart Ramsey and trainer Peter Moody in the AUS$500,000 Doomben Cup (Aus-I) at Brisbane's oval on May 19.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Woodbine Reports Increased Handle
- Top Global Runners Vie in Hong Kong Races
- Jockeys' Guild Set for Annual Assembly