South African Horse of the Year Horse Chestnut, who began his stud career at Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., died Feb. 19 of heart failure in his stall at the Rupert family's Drakenstein Stud Farm in South Africa.
European champion Duke of Marmalade has been acquired by the South Africa-based Drakenstein Stud.
Philanthropist, a successful Canadian sire, will relocate to the Rupert family's Drakenstein Stud in the Western Cape in South Africa.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Drefong Gallops Home to King's Bishop Score
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- Calvin Borel Returns to Riding at Ellis Park
- Flintshire Dominant Again in Sword Dancer
- Cavorting on Top in Personal Ensign
- A.P. Indian Gets Second Grade I in Forego
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief