South African Horse of the Year Horse Chestnut, who began his stud career at Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., died Feb. 19 of heart failure in his stall at the Rupert family's Drakenstein Stud Farm in South Africa.
European champion Duke of Marmalade has been acquired by the South Africa-based Drakenstein Stud.
Philanthropist, a successful Canadian sire, will relocate to the Rupert family's Drakenstein Stud in the Western Cape in South Africa.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Badilla Earns Emotional Win at Golden Gate
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- Lubash Takes West Point for Second Time