South African Horse of the Year Horse Chestnut, who began his stud career at Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., died Feb. 19 of heart failure in his stall at the Rupert family's Drakenstein Stud Farm in South Africa.
European champion Duke of Marmalade has been acquired by the South Africa-based Drakenstein Stud.
Philanthropist, a successful Canadian sire, will relocate to the Rupert family's Drakenstein Stud in the Western Cape in South Africa.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies