The extraordinary record of Coolmore Stud stallion Galileo was recognized Jan. 23 when he was inducted into the Irish Thoroughbred Breeders' Association's Hall of Fame.
A son of Medaglia d'Oro brought 260,000 guineas to top the opening session of the Tattersalls Craven breeze up sale April 15 in England. Bloodstock agent Richard O'Gorman purchased the bay 2-year-old from Gay O'Callaghan's Yeomanstown Stud.
The Tattersalls February mixed sale enjoyed a record-setting performance Thursday in Newmarket, England, posting its largest ever gross revenue, average price, and median price.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Hong Kong Stars to Battle on Sunday at Sha Tin
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Maker Quartet Headlines Fair Grounds 'Cap
- Look Back: Master Derby Wins Louisiana Derby
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move