The extraordinary record of Coolmore Stud stallion Galileo was recognized Jan. 23 when he was inducted into the Irish Thoroughbred Breeders' Association's Hall of Fame.
A son of Medaglia d'Oro brought 260,000 guineas to top the opening session of the Tattersalls Craven breeze up sale April 15 in England. Bloodstock agent Richard O'Gorman purchased the bay 2-year-old from Gay O'Callaghan's Yeomanstown Stud.
The Tattersalls February mixed sale enjoyed a record-setting performance Thursday in Newmarket, England, posting its largest ever gross revenue, average price, and median price.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow