British marketing of bloodstock will step up a gear to try and challenge the Irish and French dominance in this area. The Thoroughbred Breeders' Association (TBA), which represents the interests of breeders in the United Kingdom, has shifted resources to focus more on the promotion and marketing of the British bloodstock.
Philip Freedman, the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association chairman, raised the issue of integrity in British bloodstock trading and called for tighter regulation of the industry at the TBA annual general meeting in London, England on Jan. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Sam's Sister Stuns Taris in Quick La Brea
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Alert Bay Wins Mathis Brothers Mile Thriller
- Prado 'Day to Day' After Gulfstream Spill
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Six Grade I Races Set for Belmont Stakes Day
- Salutos Amigos Adds Gravesend Stakes Victory
- New York Stallion Series On Tap at Aqueduct