West Virginia-based sire Gattopardo saw his first black-type stakes winner Sept. 17 when filly Unaquoi won the Rachel's Turn Stakes at Charles Town Races.
Texas-based stallion Crossbow and West Virginia stallion Gattopardo had their first winners when fillies won maiden special weight events Aug. 26.
Ventana, the only previous graded stakes winner entered in the Maryland Sprint (gr. III), is seeking his first score outside California. The race, which attracted a field of nine, will be contested at six furlongs May 21.
Zayat Stables' J Be K is no longer on the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) trail, but the lightly-raced 3-year-old will try to score his first graded stakes victory April 5 when he takes on seven sprinters in the $150,000 Bay Shore Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
After a promising start to his career, Cave's Valley seeks a return to the winner's circle in the $70,000 Miracle Wood Stakes for 3-year-olds at Laurel Park March 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake
- John Ortiz Earns First Training Win