Jim Gates, the vice president for administration for Churchill Downs who has served as acting general manager of the track since 2002, has been appointed general manager.
Churchill Downs announced Thursday that it will again offer racing a pair of lucrative all-stakes Pick Four wagers with large guaranteed minimum betting pools during its Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Kentucky Oaks Day (gr. I) racing cards April 30-May 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Spendthrift Gets Breeding Rights to Palace
- Stellar Wind Fresh for Distaff
- Papa John's Pizza to Support Aftercare
- Lovely Maria Out Rest of Year
- Innovation in Racing Not Without Obstacles
- Bergstein Award Presentations Set for Nov. 12
- Woodford Stakes Grade Reinstated
- Slideshow: Progeny of Empire Maker
- Gulfstream Numbers Increase Substantially
- Compromise Sought on KY Downs Dates Request