Jim Gates, the vice president for administration for Churchill Downs who has served as acting general manager of the track since 2002, has been appointed general manager.
Churchill Downs announced Thursday that it will again offer racing a pair of lucrative all-stakes Pick Four wagers with large guaranteed minimum betting pools during its Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Kentucky Oaks Day (gr. I) racing cards April 30-May 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes