Jim Gates, the vice president for administration for Churchill Downs who has served as acting general manager of the track since 2002, has been appointed general manager.
Churchill Downs announced Thursday that it will again offer racing a pair of lucrative all-stakes Pick Four wagers with large guaranteed minimum betting pools during its Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Kentucky Oaks Day (gr. I) racing cards April 30-May 1.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session
- Flashback Retired to Stand at Hill 'n' Dale
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Fast Anna Get Class Relief in Gallant Bob
- Equine Encephalitis Reported in New York
- Churchill, Yum! Brands Ink 5-Year Agreement
- Oversight Board Reviews NYRA Finances
- Three-Time Grade I Winner Behrens Dies
- First Reported Winner for Pleasant Strike