English-based trainer Mark Johnston, whose 120 winners this year are more than anybody else, including champion trainer Saeed bin Suroor (115), anticipates a successful journey to Dubai for the 2005 Dubai International Racing Carnival.
German trainer Peter Schiergen won his third Italian group I victory in the past three weeks when Soldier Hollow rallied to capture the $425,000 Premio Roma at Capannelle Racetrack in Rome Sunday.
Godolphin Racing's Kentucky-bred Ancient World won the Stan James Winter Hill Stakes (Eng-III) at Windsor Saturday by 1 1/4 lengths.
Frankie Dettori guided Kentucky-bred Shot To Fame to a head victory over pacesetter Gateman in the Michael Page International Silver Trophy Stakes (Eng-III) at Ascot Saturday.
The draw for the Hong Kong Mile (HK-I) saw Hong Kong's Horse of the Year, Electronic Unicorn, land the coveted one hole, while Australian visitor Scenic Peak was at the other end of the spectrum, drawn outside in post 13.
Shortly after Bill Mott trainees Iftiraas and Dream Supreme won their respective stakes races Saturday at Churchill Downs, another of his charges led at every call to win the $112,900 Fort Marcy Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Aqueduct. Under Richard Migliore, Strategic Mission completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:41.62 on a firm turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory