English-based trainer Mark Johnston, whose 120 winners this year are more than anybody else, including champion trainer Saeed bin Suroor (115), anticipates a successful journey to Dubai for the 2005 Dubai International Racing Carnival.
German trainer Peter Schiergen won his third Italian group I victory in the past three weeks when Soldier Hollow rallied to capture the $425,000 Premio Roma at Capannelle Racetrack in Rome Sunday.
Godolphin Racing's Kentucky-bred Ancient World won the Stan James Winter Hill Stakes (Eng-III) at Windsor Saturday by 1 1/4 lengths.
Frankie Dettori guided Kentucky-bred Shot To Fame to a head victory over pacesetter Gateman in the Michael Page International Silver Trophy Stakes (Eng-III) at Ascot Saturday.
The draw for the Hong Kong Mile (HK-I) saw Hong Kong's Horse of the Year, Electronic Unicorn, land the coveted one hole, while Australian visitor Scenic Peak was at the other end of the spectrum, drawn outside in post 13.
Shortly after Bill Mott trainees Iftiraas and Dream Supreme won their respective stakes races Saturday at Churchill Downs, another of his charges led at every call to win the $112,900 Fort Marcy Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Aqueduct. Under Richard Migliore, Strategic Mission completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:41.62 on a firm turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Pompa, Brown Connect on Dirt in Pa. Derby
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Fasig-Tipton October Catalog Available
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions