English-based trainer Mark Johnston, whose 120 winners this year are more than anybody else, including champion trainer Saeed bin Suroor (115), anticipates a successful journey to Dubai for the 2005 Dubai International Racing Carnival.
German trainer Peter Schiergen won his third Italian group I victory in the past three weeks when Soldier Hollow rallied to capture the $425,000 Premio Roma at Capannelle Racetrack in Rome Sunday.
Godolphin Racing's Kentucky-bred Ancient World won the Stan James Winter Hill Stakes (Eng-III) at Windsor Saturday by 1 1/4 lengths.
Frankie Dettori guided Kentucky-bred Shot To Fame to a head victory over pacesetter Gateman in the Michael Page International Silver Trophy Stakes (Eng-III) at Ascot Saturday.
The draw for the Hong Kong Mile (HK-I) saw Hong Kong's Horse of the Year, Electronic Unicorn, land the coveted one hole, while Australian visitor Scenic Peak was at the other end of the spectrum, drawn outside in post 13.
Shortly after Bill Mott trainees Iftiraas and Dream Supreme won their respective stakes races Saturday at Churchill Downs, another of his charges led at every call to win the $112,900 Fort Marcy Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Aqueduct. Under Richard Migliore, Strategic Mission completed the 1 1/16 miles in 1:41.62 on a firm turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago