The first race at Golden Gate Fields Feb. 15 was declared a no-contest when, because of a malfunction, the starting gate couldn't be moved off the track in time for the one-mile event to be completed.
Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots explains a confusing situation leading to the decision to reprice payouts following a race Feb. 13.
Stewards at Ellis Park declared the fifth race on Sunday's program a "no contest" due to a starting gate malfunction. All wagers on the race were refunded.
Most Popular Stories
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Strangles Leads to ThistleDown Quarantine
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- An Early Look at the Belmont Stakes