Alan Kline's S. S. Hot Sauce, a 33-year-old Maryland-bred son of Sauce Boat who ran in the 1984 Preakness Stakes (gr. I), died March 6 at the age of 33.
The inaugural Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) at Hollywood Park Nov. 10, 1984, had more drama than even John Gaines could have envisioned when he conceived the World Championships.
Bill Allen, whose colt Wild Again won the inaugural Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), died July 16 at his Las Vegas home.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Saratoga Racing Secretary Gabriel Leaving
- Gelfenstein Farm Blossoms in Ocala
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Wallyanna Back for More in Saranac
- Kentucky to Tackle Drug Compounder Concerns
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Minnesota-Breds Featured at Canterbury