Alan Kline's S. S. Hot Sauce, a 33-year-old Maryland-bred son of Sauce Boat who ran in the 1984 Preakness Stakes (gr. I), died March 6 at the age of 33.
The inaugural Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) at Hollywood Park Nov. 10, 1984, had more drama than even John Gaines could have envisioned when he conceived the World Championships.
Bill Allen, whose colt Wild Again won the inaugural Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), died July 16 at his Las Vegas home.
Most Popular Stories
- A Case for Full Siblings
- Lane's End to Sponsor Queen Elizabeth Cup
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- 5 Tips for Feeding Weanlings
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Harlan's Holiday Colt Posts Swiftest OBS Work
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Take Charge Lady Kentucky Broodmare of Year
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail