The status of Social Inclusion for the June 7 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) remained uncertain June 2 after the Pioneerof the Nile colt acted up while schooling in the gate at Belmont Park.
Inside Information features the gate crew, rider Milo Valenzuela and vet Jeff Blea
The starting gate will always be a dangerous place, but thanks to Bob Duncan and Roy Williamson, it looks a little safer going into the meet's final week.
The New York Racing Association has replaced starter Richard Brosseau and has promoted Roy Williamson to the position of starter following a rash of starting gate incidents at Saratoga Race Course.
An Aug. 9 meeting among members of the racing industry and jockeys at Saratoga Race Course was a deemed a success by Bruce Johnstone, the New York Racing Association's manager of racing relations, as discussions took place over the recent issues before the starts of several races at the New York oval.
Scott Jordan, who was an assistant starter at Churchill Downs, has been named head starter.
Most Popular Stories
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Private Zone Speeds to Forego Victory
- Flintshire Flies Away From Sword Dancer Foes
- Sheer Drama Plays Spoiler in Personal Ensign
- Chilean Invader Dacita Takes Ballston Spa
- Unbridled Forever Rolls to First Grade I Win
- Island Town Crushes Smarty Jones Field
- Photo Call Cruises to Violet Victory
- 'Cups King' Bart Cummings Dies at 87