Gastar Exploration Ltd. said it entered into a settlement agreement effective Nov. 1 regarding seven lawsuits tied to the ClassicStar mare lease program.
A publicly-traded company with alleged ties to the parent company of ClassicStar is now a defendant in the consolidated federal civil action against the former broodmare lease operator and others.
The recent filing for bankruptcy protection by ClassicStar LLC will streamline claims against the one-time broodmare lease operator, an attorney for the embattled entity says, but its effect on multiple legal actions already in the pipeline isn't exactly clear.
Correction to Sept. 11 story reporting on investors lawsuit against ClassicStar.
Most Popular Stories
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Churchill Downs Spring Meet Handle Increases
- KHRC Delays Action on Medication Rules
- Normandy Invasion Set to Return at Delaware
- Keeneland Expands Fall Meet Stakes Schedule
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Zia Park Schedules 33 Stakes for 2015 Meet