Gastar Exploration Ltd. said it entered into a settlement agreement effective Nov. 1 regarding seven lawsuits tied to the ClassicStar mare lease program.
A publicly-traded company with alleged ties to the parent company of ClassicStar is now a defendant in the consolidated federal civil action against the former broodmare lease operator and others.
The recent filing for bankruptcy protection by ClassicStar LLC will streamline claims against the one-time broodmare lease operator, an attorney for the embattled entity says, but its effect on multiple legal actions already in the pipeline isn't exactly clear.
Correction to Sept. 11 story reporting on investors lawsuit against ClassicStar.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Frac Daddy Inherits San Diego's Favorite Role
- Bing Crosby Attracts Goldencents, Declassify
- Flashy American Wheels Back for Shuvee 'Cap
- Pants On Fire Seeks Monmouth Cup Repeat
- Candy Boy Among 47 West Virginia Derby Noms
- Ageless May Have Ideal Set-Up in Royal North
- La Verdad True Speed of Honorable Miss at Spa
- Monmouth-Winning Fillies Target Molly Pitcher