Hallowed Dreams, who equaled a modern day record by winning her first 16 races, produced her first foal, a Tirade colt, Jan. 13 for Johnny Gaspard and Lloyd J. Romero at the latter's farm near Erath, La.
Hallowed Dreams was scratched out of last year's Dr. A.B. Leggio Memorial Handicap at Fair Grounds after reportedly suffering a bout of colic. She made amends in Saturday's renewal, setting a new stakes record of 1:03.82 en route to her 25th career win from 27 starts.
Hallowed Dreams returned from a brief freshening following her second career defeat in August, winning an Delta Downs allowance race by a length Saturday night.
Hallowed Dreams, who began her career with sixteen consecutive wins, extended her current winning streak to seven Saturday at Lone Star Park, winning the $75,000 Miller Lite Stakes by 2 1/2 lengths.
Hallowed Dreams fought off a late challenge from 22-1 longshot Itsacryingshame to defeat males in a 5 1/2-furlong allowance race for Louisiana-breds Friday night at Evangeline Downs.
Hallowed Dreams led at every call on the way to earning her fourth straight victory since suffering her lone career defeat, breaking the track record for six furlongs while winning the $125,000 Victoria Lass Handicap by 5 1/4 lengths on Saturday at Fair Grounds. The win improves the career mark of the Louisiana-bred filly to 20 wins from 21 starts.
Hallowed Dreams, undefeated in 15 career starts, will attempt to tie the modern day national record for consecutive wins--held by Citation and Cigar--when she is opposed by four other 3-year-old fillies in the $40,000 Dixie Miss Stakes Saturday at Louisiana Downs.
Unbeaten Hallowed Dreams extended her win streak to 15 races Sunday at Louisiana Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Tiz a Slam Heads Prince of Wales Stakes
- Sircat Sally Faces Stiff Test in San Clemente