Eclipse Award-winning jockey Tyler Baze was suspended by Hoosier Park stewards on Oct. 1 after a routine pre-race breathalyzer test revealed that he was under the influence of alcohol. Baze was scheduled to ride Southern Africa for trainer Mike Puhich in the $500,000 Indiana Derby (gr. II), but was removed from his mount when he failed the test.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- King and His Court Claims Display Stakes
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Dynatail First Winner for Hightail
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Royal Posse Defends Title in Claiming Crown