Greeley's Conquest opened a three-length lead in the stretch and held on to win the $200,000 Remington Park Sprint Cup on the night of Aug. 22 at the Oklahoma City track.
Odds-on choice Golden Yank overtook Por Que in the homestretch and drew off for a 6 3/4-length romp in the $158,730 Zia Park Derby, giving the 3-year-old son of Yankee Gentleman back-to-back Derby victories for trainer Gary Thomas.
Golden Yank, fresh off an impressive win in the $350,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington Park, heads the field in the $150,000 Zia Park Derby for 3-year-olds at 1 1/16 miles Dec. 6 at Zia Park in New Mexico.
Golden Yank held favored Tiz Now Tiz Then safe through the homestretch to win the $350,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington Park Oct. 19, ending an eight-race losing streak.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile