Former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy was released Tuesday morning after serving a prison sentence for bank fraud, conspiracy, and bribery convictions.
A federal appellate court has upheld Gary Matthews' conviction for participating in a scheme to defraud a Houston bank out of $65 million. The former chief financial officer for Calumet Farm will be required to serve his entire 21-month prison sentence.
A federal appellate court indicated in mid-February it did not intend to change the status of former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy's conviction on charges of bribery and deceit. Lundy immediately requested another hearing before the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals headquartered in New Orleans.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Tepin Fires Bullet on Oklahoma Training Track
- Too Much Bling Yearlings Top Texas Sale
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Drefong's Win a Boost for Machmer Hall
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Monmouth Gets Donation, Alters Shipper Policy