Former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy was released Tuesday morning after serving a prison sentence for bank fraud, conspiracy, and bribery convictions.
A federal appellate court has upheld Gary Matthews' conviction for participating in a scheme to defraud a Houston bank out of $65 million. The former chief financial officer for Calumet Farm will be required to serve his entire 21-month prison sentence.
A federal appellate court indicated in mid-February it did not intend to change the status of former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy's conviction on charges of bribery and deceit. Lundy immediately requested another hearing before the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals headquartered in New Orleans.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Byron Hughes is Farm Manager of the Year
- Game Sole Power Finds Gap Late in Nunthorpe
- Pat O'Brien Deja Vu for Fed Biz, Goldencents
- BHA Levies Heavy Penalties Against Three
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern
- Stryker Phd Smart Choice in Longacres Mile
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Plays
- Captain Serious, Empire Dreams Head Showcase