Former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy was released Tuesday morning after serving a prison sentence for bank fraud, conspiracy, and bribery convictions.
A federal appellate court has upheld Gary Matthews' conviction for participating in a scheme to defraud a Houston bank out of $65 million. The former chief financial officer for Calumet Farm will be required to serve his entire 21-month prison sentence.
A federal appellate court indicated in mid-February it did not intend to change the status of former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy's conviction on charges of bribery and deceit. Lundy immediately requested another hearing before the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals headquartered in New Orleans.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Sprinter Work All Week Retired
- Two Ejected From Churchill Grounds
- Ratings More Than Double for NBC Racing Shows
- American Pharoah Retains Top World Ranking
- Buckland Sales to Offer First Consignments
- Tattersalls Book 1 Concludes on Record Note
- Higher Purses, Handle at Emerald Downs
- Race Day to Spendthrift for 2016
- RMTC Defends Methocarbamol Threshold
- Florida Court Deals Gretna Racing a Setback