Former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy was released Tuesday morning after serving a prison sentence for bank fraud, conspiracy, and bribery convictions.
A federal appellate court has upheld Gary Matthews' conviction for participating in a scheme to defraud a Houston bank out of $65 million. The former chief financial officer for Calumet Farm will be required to serve his entire 21-month prison sentence.
A federal appellate court indicated in mid-February it did not intend to change the status of former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy's conviction on charges of bribery and deceit. Lundy immediately requested another hearing before the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals headquartered in New Orleans.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Belinda Stronach Keynote Speaker at Pan Am Conference
- NYRA Privatization Stalls During NY Budget Wrangling
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Breeders' Cup, NTRA Launch New Contest Website
- Sunny Ridge Named New Jersey's 2016 Horse of the Year
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts