Former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy was released Tuesday morning after serving a prison sentence for bank fraud, conspiracy, and bribery convictions.
A federal appellate court has upheld Gary Matthews' conviction for participating in a scheme to defraud a Houston bank out of $65 million. The former chief financial officer for Calumet Farm will be required to serve his entire 21-month prison sentence.
A federal appellate court indicated in mid-February it did not intend to change the status of former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy's conviction on charges of bribery and deceit. Lundy immediately requested another hearing before the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals headquartered in New Orleans.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Suffolk Open to Any Viable Plans for Racing
- Miss Behaviour Romps in Charles Town Oaks
- Artemis Agrotera Gets Up to Win Gallant Bloom
- Thank You Marylou Coasts Clear in Dogwood
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Moreno, Itsmyluckyday Work for Super Saturday
- Keeneland September Day 12 Sees Declines
- Another Walk in the Parx for Favorite Tale