Former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy was released Tuesday morning after serving a prison sentence for bank fraud, conspiracy, and bribery convictions.
A federal appellate court has upheld Gary Matthews' conviction for participating in a scheme to defraud a Houston bank out of $65 million. The former chief financial officer for Calumet Farm will be required to serve his entire 21-month prison sentence.
A federal appellate court indicated in mid-February it did not intend to change the status of former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy's conviction on charges of bribery and deceit. Lundy immediately requested another hearing before the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals headquartered in New Orleans.
Most Popular Stories
- Status Quo Dates for Illinois Racing in 2015
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Grade III Winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses