There doesn't seem to be any middle ground in the debate over the anti-bleeding drug furosemide, and it seems doubtful the two sides will come together any time soon.
The Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation will host a fund-raising celebration on Friday, Oct. 16, to mark the 20th anniversary of its creation.
James G. "Jimmy" Bell was elected to Keeneland's Board of Directors at the corporation's semi-annual meeting April 18. He is the president of Darley USA and the son of John A. Bell III, a longtime Keeneland board member who died in February.
Loblolly Stable's Rowdy Angel, dam of classic winner Pine Bluff, grade I winner Demons Begone, and granddam of 2000 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, died March 22.
James E. (Ted) Bassett III, who has helped lead the Keeneland Association for the past 33 years, retired as chairman of the board Wednesday morning at the Keeneland board of directors meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Aims to Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala