There doesn't seem to be any middle ground in the debate over the anti-bleeding drug furosemide, and it seems doubtful the two sides will come together any time soon.
The Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation will host a fund-raising celebration on Friday, Oct. 16, to mark the 20th anniversary of its creation.
James G. "Jimmy" Bell was elected to Keeneland's Board of Directors at the corporation's semi-annual meeting April 18. He is the president of Darley USA and the son of John A. Bell III, a longtime Keeneland board member who died in February.
Loblolly Stable's Rowdy Angel, dam of classic winner Pine Bluff, grade I winner Demons Begone, and granddam of 2000 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, died March 22.
James E. (Ted) Bassett III, who has helped lead the Keeneland Association for the past 33 years, retired as chairman of the board Wednesday morning at the Keeneland board of directors meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- 2015 Preakness Stakes Logo Unveiled
- Delaware Park Cancels July 28 Racing Program
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress
- Milestone Victory for Jockey Centeno
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Del Mar Shifting Turf Races After Breakdowns
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee