There doesn't seem to be any middle ground in the debate over the anti-bleeding drug furosemide, and it seems doubtful the two sides will come together any time soon.
The Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation will host a fund-raising celebration on Friday, Oct. 16, to mark the 20th anniversary of its creation.
James G. "Jimmy" Bell was elected to Keeneland's Board of Directors at the corporation's semi-annual meeting April 18. He is the president of Darley USA and the son of John A. Bell III, a longtime Keeneland board member who died in February.
Loblolly Stable's Rowdy Angel, dam of classic winner Pine Bluff, grade I winner Demons Begone, and granddam of 2000 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Fusaichi Pegasus, died March 22.
James E. (Ted) Bassett III, who has helped lead the Keeneland Association for the past 33 years, retired as chairman of the board Wednesday morning at the Keeneland board of directors meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies