Bob Black Jack had a 14-month layoff to overcome but all the cards were in his favor when he wired the field in the $150,000 San Carlos Handicap (gr. II) by 2 1/2 lengths at Santa Anita Feb. 20.
California stallion Madraar was represented by his first winner when his son Arabian Star won Dec. 9 at Woodbine.
The first offspring by stakes winner Stormy Jack is a filly foaled Jan. 23 at the Barretts Sale grounds.
California graded stakes winner Lil Sister Stich has been retired.
Madraar, a half-brother to European champion and 2001 Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) winner Fantastic Light, has been retired and will stand at Gary and Marlene Howard's Hideaway Farm near San Jacinto, Calif.
California stallion Din's Dancer, sire of millionaire Ladies Din, was euthanized Oct. 12 after fracturing a pastern bone in a paddock accident that day at Gary and Marlene Howard's Hideaway Farms near San Jacinto, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap