Bob Black Jack had a 14-month layoff to overcome but all the cards were in his favor when he wired the field in the $150,000 San Carlos Handicap (gr. II) by 2 1/2 lengths at Santa Anita Feb. 20.
California stallion Madraar was represented by his first winner when his son Arabian Star won Dec. 9 at Woodbine.
The first offspring by stakes winner Stormy Jack is a filly foaled Jan. 23 at the Barretts Sale grounds.
California graded stakes winner Lil Sister Stich has been retired.
Madraar, a half-brother to European champion and 2001 Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) winner Fantastic Light, has been retired and will stand at Gary and Marlene Howard's Hideaway Farm near San Jacinto, Calif.
California stallion Din's Dancer, sire of millionaire Ladies Din, was euthanized Oct. 12 after fracturing a pastern bone in a paddock accident that day at Gary and Marlene Howard's Hideaway Farms near San Jacinto, Calif.
Most Popular Stories
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- The Jockey Club Elects Six New Members
- RCI Votes Increased Multiple NSAID Penalties
- Thoro-Graph Products Added to Equibase.com
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet
- Understanding the Biomechanics of Lameness
- Wise Dan to Make Return in Bernard Baruch
- Haskin: Viva Travers!