At the age of 62, jockey Gary Bain can still find the winner's circle at Gulfstream Park.
Jockey Gary Bain remained hospitalized Tuesday with injuries from a spill at Calder on Monday afternoon. According to the jockey's agent, Freddy Lucero, Bain's right lung was injured when he was thrown as his mount, Touch of Magic, clipped heels with Survicat and fell in the final turn of Monday's first race.
Love Sting, ridden by Gary Bain, posted a big upset with a 1 ¾-length victory in Saturday's $200,000 Calder Oaks on the Festival of the Sun program at the Miami racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates