At the age of 62, jockey Gary Bain can still find the winner's circle at Gulfstream Park.
Jockey Gary Bain remained hospitalized Tuesday with injuries from a spill at Calder on Monday afternoon. According to the jockey's agent, Freddy Lucero, Bain's right lung was injured when he was thrown as his mount, Touch of Magic, clipped heels with Survicat and fell in the final turn of Monday's first race.
Love Sting, ridden by Gary Bain, posted a big upset with a 1 ¾-length victory in Saturday's $200,000 Calder Oaks on the Festival of the Sun program at the Miami racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- Keeneland Alters September Sale Format
- Kentucky Horsewoman Graves Dies at 61
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified
- BC Nomination Discount for HRA Ends July 15