At the age of 62, jockey Gary Bain can still find the winner's circle at Gulfstream Park.
Jockey Gary Bain remained hospitalized Tuesday with injuries from a spill at Calder on Monday afternoon. According to the jockey's agent, Freddy Lucero, Bain's right lung was injured when he was thrown as his mount, Touch of Magic, clipped heels with Survicat and fell in the final turn of Monday's first race.
Love Sting, ridden by Gary Bain, posted a big upset with a 1 ¾-length victory in Saturday's $200,000 Calder Oaks on the Festival of the Sun program at the Miami racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation