At the age of 62, jockey Gary Bain can still find the winner's circle at Gulfstream Park.
Jockey Gary Bain remained hospitalized Tuesday with injuries from a spill at Calder on Monday afternoon. According to the jockey's agent, Freddy Lucero, Bain's right lung was injured when he was thrown as his mount, Touch of Magic, clipped heels with Survicat and fell in the final turn of Monday's first race.
Love Sting, ridden by Gary Bain, posted a big upset with a 1 ¾-length victory in Saturday's $200,000 Calder Oaks on the Festival of the Sun program at the Miami racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Dettori Named 'World's Best Jockey' for 2015
- Turfway Park Begins Four-Month Run Dec. 3
- Los Alamitos Set for 12-Day Meet
- Business Strong at Churchill Downs Fall Meet
- Average, Median Down at Tattersalls Mare Sale
- Tonalist Charges to Cigar Mile Victory
- Stormy Lucy Provides Matriarch Stunner
- Del Mar Sees Daily Handle Drop for Fall Meet
- Mr Speaker Retired, Will Stand at Lane's End
- Melmich Breaks Track Record in Valedictory