At the age of 62, jockey Gary Bain can still find the winner's circle at Gulfstream Park.
Jockey Gary Bain remained hospitalized Tuesday with injuries from a spill at Calder on Monday afternoon. According to the jockey's agent, Freddy Lucero, Bain's right lung was injured when he was thrown as his mount, Touch of Magic, clipped heels with Survicat and fell in the final turn of Monday's first race.
Love Sting, ridden by Gary Bain, posted a big upset with a 1 ¾-length victory in Saturday's $200,000 Calder Oaks on the Festival of the Sun program at the Miami racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Kentucky Derby: Trainer Weaver on Tencendur
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Upstart, Frosted Drill in Florida for Derby
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- Derby All About Opportunity for Bolo, Gaines
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- 'Company' No Issue for El Kabeir in Workout
- Donegal Racing Aims for Derby Weekend Triple
- Tencendur Beats the Rain in Morning Move