Jockey Manuel Franco won both $100,000 stakes for New York-bred 2-year-olds on Nov. 16 at Aqueduct aboard offspring of Posse.
In a movie, Belle Gallantey's rags to riches 2014 season would end with a victory in the $2 million Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I), but in real life her connections are taking time before committing to the race.
Former claimer Belle Gallantey continued her grade I success Sept. 27, taking the Beldame Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park in a wire-to-wire romp.
Lion D N A enjoyed an ideal set-up in splashing to victory in the $100,000 Skipat Stakes Presented by Finlandia, the first of seven stakes races on the Black-Eyed Susan Stakes program May 16 at Pimlico Race Course.
Speedy frontrunners set the $100,000 James Marvin Stakes (gr. III) up perfectly for Michael Dubb and Gary Aisquith's Sage Valley, who closed from off the pace to take the 7-furlong sprint July 19 at Saratoga Race Course.
Roman Tiger, whose two stakes wins this year include a triumph in the Tampa Bay Stakes, headlines a field of nine in the Sussex Stakes at the same 1 1/16-mile distance as the Tampa Bay Stakes.
A sharp claim a year ago, Marilyn's Guy notched his first graded stakes victory March 17 at Aqueduct when he held off a game effort by San Pablo to win by a neck in the $150,000 Excelsior (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- OBS Yearling Sale Stays Steady on Final Day
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- Illinois Vote Could Impact Thoroughbred Dates
- Making a Case for Transparency
- Stellar Wind Tops Torrey Pines Field
- Keeneland Plans for Sale Activity During BC