Lael Stables' homebred No Dozing, who has four graded stakes starts under his belt, holds the class edge in Keeneland's Stonestreet Lexington Stakes (G3) April 15. The 1 1/16-mile race for sophomores is worth $200,000.
The members of the newly formed Horse People's Alliance of Ontario, which represents Thoroughbred, Standardbred, and Quarter Horse stakeholders throughout the Canadian province, have taken another step forward by forming an advisory committee.
Hard Not to Like pulled a 13-1 upset in the $300,000 Jenny Wiley Stakes (gr. IT) and earned her first win at the top level April 12 at Keeneland.
Making her first start since a sixth in the 2012 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), Garland Williamson's Hard Not to Like proved her quality with a half-length victory in the $100,000 Marshua's River Stakes at Gulfstream Park Jan. 5.
Court Vision has his first mare pronounced in foal. Coogee Sunrise, by Deputy Commander out of the Spectacular Bid mare Southern Affair, was pronounced in foal March 5.
Like a Gem, dismissed at odds of 48-1, dashed the Triple Tiara hopes of Kimchi, in capturing the $250,000 Wonder Where Stakes Saturday on the Woodbine turf Saturday.
Champion Orientate's first foal, a colt, was born Jan.14 at Garland Williamson's farm in Ontario, Canada.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill