Bruce Garland, the senior executive vice president of the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority who began his career in racing with the New Jersey Racing Commission, will retire at the end of this year.
Without a purse supplement from the state and an average daily purse distribution of less than half of what it offered in 2001, business at the current Meadowlands meet has been called "really bad" by an executive of the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority, which owns and operates the northern New Jersey track.
Most Popular Stories
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next
- Dortmund, Lord Nelson Set for San Felipe
- Cavalryman Dies After Injury at Meydan
- French Group I Winner Creator Dies at 29
- Strong Beginning for Inglis Premier Sale
- Laurel Park Cancels Sunday, March 1 Racing
- Gulfstream Park Cancels Card in Deluge
- Royal Son Easily Captures Battaglia Memorial
- Stellar Wind Sails to Santa Ysabel Victory