Bruce Garland, the senior executive vice president of the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority who began his career in racing with the New Jersey Racing Commission, will retire at the end of this year.
Without a purse supplement from the state and an average daily purse distribution of less than half of what it offered in 2001, business at the current Meadowlands meet has been called "really bad" by an executive of the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority, which owns and operates the northern New Jersey track.
Most Popular Stories
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- PA-Breds, Cathryn Sophia Head Parx Program
- Aftercare: The Challenges of Tracking Horses
- Infographic: All Time Leading Earners 2016
- Rich Tapestry's Korea Sprint Start in Doubt