Outsider Lochbuie, hard-ridden by jockey John Egan for the final quarter-mile, caught the gallant 8-year-old Mubtaker in the final strides to register a neck victory in the Geoffrey Freer Stakes (Eng-II) at Newbury Saturday.
Favored Alkaased confidently won Sunday's Jockey Club Stakes (Eng-II) by 1 1/2 lengths over Gamut while gearing down at the end of the 1 1/2-mile event at Newmarket .
The Clive Brittain-trained Warrsan survived an inquiry in a rough finish to earn his third group I victory for owner and breeder Saeed Manana in the Grosser Preis von Baden (Ger-I) at Baden-Baden Sunday.
Godolphin's favored Doyen had too much finishing kick for his rivals in Saturday's King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Diamond Stakes (Eng-I), pulling away in the final furlong for a polished three-length victory.
Godolphin Racing's remarkable run at Royal Ascot continued Saturday when Doyen and jockey Frankie Dettori romped to victory in the Hardwicke Stakes (Eng-II).
Favored Gamut found racing room in the final quarter-mile and galloped on powerfully under Kieren Fallon to record a 1 1/4-length win over Systematic in Sunday's Jockey Club Stakes (Eng-II) at Newmarket.
Legendary rider Pat Eddery was blanked in five tries while saying good-bye to a 37-year British racing career Saturday at Doncaster.
Michael Watts and Jim Sheridan's Vinnie Roe made history at The Curragh Saturday when the classy 5-year-old won his third consecutive Irish Field St. Leger (Ire-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Frosted Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Beholder Blazes in Breeders' Cup Drill
- 'Stubborn' Runhappy Works a Mile at Keeneland
- Court Rules Borells Have No Claim on Horses
- Songbird Works Fast and Easy at Santa Anita
- Malibu Moon Filly Tops F-T Pinhook Prospects
- A Look Back: Showdown in the 1986 Marlboro
- Breeders' Cup Decision Looms for Frosted
- Arrogate Finishes Strong in Latest Drill
- Catch a Glimpse May Not be Done for Season