English import Diamond Diva faces the biggest challenge of her career when she takes on grade I winners Precious Kitten and Rutherienne in the $250,000 Gamely Breeders' Cup (gr. IT) on the Inglewood turf May 26.
Stronach Stables' odds-on choice Citronnade earned her fourth successive stakes win and her first grade I score with a front-running victory in the $367,800 Gamely Breeders' Cup for fillies and mares on the Hollywood Park turf during Monday's Memorial Day program.
Trainer Bobby Frankel will saddle the highly-regarded duet of Citronnade and Price Tag as he aims to add to his record six wins in the $300,000 Gamely Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. IT) on turf Monday at Hollywood Park.
Grade I winner Vacare, a 4-year-old filly unbeaten in five starts, will be shipped to Hollywood Park for the $300,000 Gamely Breeders' Cup (gr. IT) on May 28, trainer Christophe Clement said Friday from New York.
Shining Energy isn't just a mile specialist anymore. The Julio Canani-trained 4-year-old filly trailed the field in Monday's $349,500 Gamely Breeders' Cup (gr. IT) into the far turn, then unleashed a tremendous bid in the stretch to win going away in a mild surprise on the Hollywood Park turf.
J. Paul Reddam, the majority owner of Sharp Lisa and Dancing Edie, entered both 4-year-old fillies on Friday for the $300,000 Gamely Breeders' Cup (gr. IT) for fillies and mares at 1 1/8 miles on the Hollywood Park turf on Monday.
Film Maker, the probable favorite for Monday's $300,000 Gamely Breeders' Cup (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park, won't be making the trip from Maryland after she popped a quarter-crack, according to trainer H. Graham Motion.
Azeri vs. Funny Cide in the Met Mile headline busy holiday weekend.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Kentucky Regulator Approves 2015 Race Dates
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- Raffetto Joins New England HPBA Effort
- Fawkner, Adelaide Among Cox Plate Favorites
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- CT Classic Could Move to Afternoon in 2015
- Foreign Policy to Stand at River Oaks Farms