Odds-on choice Big Booster moved closer to a potential run at the inaugural Breeders' Cup Dirt Marathon this fall, lumbering to victory over three outmatched rivals in the first Gallant Man Handicap over 1 5/8 miles on the Hollywood Park Cushion Track.
Trainer Mike Mitchell says he's not worried about the unusual 1 5/8-mile distance of the first $100,000 Gallant Man Handicap June 1, and with good reason. After all, his horse, Big Booster, recently proved a convincing winner of the the even longer San Juan Capistrano Invitational Handicap (gr. IIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Sustains Minor Foot Bruise
- Upgraded Marine Gives Canada 44 Graded Stakes
- Ties Atop TJC's Experimental Free Handicaps
- Penn National Gaming Reports Losses for 2014
- Ladies 'Cap: Belle Gallantey Seeks Turnaround
- NTRA Meets With Treasury on Withholding Taxes
- That Handicapping Show: The Martha Washington
- NJ Breeders Holding Online Season Auction
- PA Breeders Offering Stallion Season Auction
- Talented Field Assembles for the Sam F. Davis