Odds-on choice Big Booster moved closer to a potential run at the inaugural Breeders' Cup Dirt Marathon this fall, lumbering to victory over three outmatched rivals in the first Gallant Man Handicap over 1 5/8 miles on the Hollywood Park Cushion Track.
Trainer Mike Mitchell says he's not worried about the unusual 1 5/8-mile distance of the first $100,000 Gallant Man Handicap June 1, and with good reason. After all, his horse, Big Booster, recently proved a convincing winner of the the even longer San Juan Capistrano Invitational Handicap (gr. IIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- International Star Heads Derby Works at CD
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- Carpe Diem Works for Jet-Setting Pletcher
- No Medication for Mubtaahij in Kentucky Derby
- Churchill to Stream Derby, Oaks Workouts Live
- Mott Fights Denial of Assistant's Visa
- Former KY Governor Seeking Third Oaks Win
- California Chrome Under Saddle at Newmarket
- Brother to Eight Belles Gets Tesio Class Test