Odds-on choice Twirling Candy lived up to his billing when he pulled away from Macias to win the $112,500 Oceanside Stakes as summer action got underway at Del Mar July 21.
Three-time stakes winner Macias is the most accomplished runner in a field of 10 3-year-olds entered for the $100,000 Oceanside Stakes on opening day of the Del Mar season July 21.
Alphie's Bet attempts to rebound from a poor effort against older horses on the turf when he returns to the main track against eight fellow 3-year-olds in the $100,000 Affirmed Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park June 19.
Tom, Evan, and Les Instone of twinspires.com/brisnet preview the Boyd Gaming's Delta Jackpot Stakes (gr. III) on Friday, December 4. Watch Video
Already with several promising Derby prospects, WinStar Farm will send out yet another good-looking 2-year-old in the $750,000 Boyd's Gaming Delta Jackpot Powered by Youbet.com (gr. III) when Rule leads a field of eight in the Dec. 4 contest at Delta Downs.
Undefeated Lookin At Lucky handled his first try at two turns successfully in the $300,000 Norfolk Stakes (gr. I) Oct. 4, allowing Bob Baffert to look forward to the Nov. 7 Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park.
Unbeaten Lookin At Lucky seeks his fourth consecutive win for trainer Bob Baffert and a spot in the starting gate for next month's Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) when he faces 11 juvenile rivals in the $300,000 Norfolk Stakes (gr. I) at Oak Tree's Santa Anita meet Oct. 4.
Most Popular Stories
- Three to Represent New York in Derby
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Social Inclusion Second in 2015 Debut
- Puca Works Four Furlongs in Oaks Prep
- Kentucky Derby: Dortmund in the House
- Positive Forecast for Kentucky Derby, Oaks
- Jones Fillies Drill for Kentucky Oaks
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- Kentucky Derby News Update: April 26, 2015