In advance of a severe weather forecast in New York, officials at Aqueduct announced Dec. 15 the cancellation of the Dec. 16 card.
Chilean-import Tamburello picked up his first win in North America Wednesday with a 3 3/4-length score in the $75,000 Gallant Fox Handicap at Aqueduct. Tamburello covered the 1 5/8-mile distance over the inner-track in 2:43.95. Colita, the 4-5 favorite, was second, with Hydrogen a nose behind in third.
As the days of 2004 dwindle down, one of the last chances to grab black type on the year comes in Wednesday's $75,000 Gallant Fox Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Trainer Richard Dutrow Jr. had a superb day at Aqueduct Saturday, winning with all three starters he sent out, including Sanford Goldfarb's Loving, an easy victor of the $83,925 Gallant Fox Handicap.
Coyote Lakes wins the marathon Gallant Fox Handicap for the third time in a row.
Roddy J. Valente's Coyote Lakes ran past Top Official in deep stretch to win the 1 5/8-mile Gallant Fox Handicap (gr. III) for the second time in 2001. The 7-year-old Society Max gelding previously won the race on New Year's Day 2001.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist Takes on Private Zone in Cigar Mile
- Commissioner Heads Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Airoforce Tries Dirt in Kentucky Jockey Club
- Mohaymen Seeks Nashua, Remsen Double
- Lewis Bay Set for Stakes Debut in Demoiselle
- Woodbine to Offer 133 Racing Dates in 2016
- Runhappy Strong in Five Furlong Move
- Frivolous Likely for Falls City, Not Clark
- Ride On Curlin Returns in Thanksgiving 'Cap
- Move Stirs Speculation on Belmont VLT Casino