Relive the exciting campaigns of all the Triple Crown champions with photos, retrospectives, and on-site accounts of their Belmont Stakes (gr. I) victories from the pages of The Blood-Horse. View Interactive
Honoring the eleven horses who have captured the Triple Crown. View Slideshow
- By Steve Haskin
All were considered champions in their respective divisions; all are in the Hall of Fame. But there is one name that rarely gets mentioned, and that is terribly unfortunate, for he was without a doubt one of the toughest. read blog
Read pedigree analyses on your favorite horses every week, exclusively on BH.com! read now
In the second of 11 installments on previous Triple Crown winners, a look at how The Blood-Horse magazine covered the 1930 Belmont Stakes victory of Gallant Fox.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
Holy Bull winner Saratoga Sinner is the first stakes winner from Harlan's Holiday's 2nd crop.
The 3-year-old colt won the marathon by 10 lengths Dec. 29 at Aqueduct, denying Successful Affair's bid to repeat.
Winning Move Stable's Successful Affair will attempt to defend his title in the $75,000 Gallant Fox Handicap, the 5-year-old gelding will take on five challengers Dec. 29 at Aqueduct.
April 26, 1930
On Sunday, John Salzman, trainer of Xtra Heat, will be represented in Grade 3, $100,000-added Cowdin, this time by a colt named Run Production.
Roddy J. Valente's Coyote Lakes ran past Top Official in deep stretch to win the 1 5/8-mile Gallant Fox Handicap (gr. III) for the second time in 2001. The 7-year-old Society Max gelding previously won the race on New Year's Day 2001.
Most Popular Stories
- Slideshow: Owner and Breeder Aaron Jones
- Long-Term Vision Possible After Equine Cataract Surgery
- Plan in Works to Save Suffolk Downs Racing
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Figures Decline at F-T Midlantic Fall Sale
- Two-Time Gr. I Winner Strategic Maneuver Dies
- Rosalind to Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Simulcast Conference: HD Options Progressing
- Desormeaux to Hospital After Kick by Horse
- Kay Outlines Recent Successes to NYRA Board