Susan Moulton's Solitary Ranger controlled the pace and romped clear in the stretch to score easily over favored stablemate Poker Player in the $100,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes March 1 at Turfway Park.
Solitary Ranger returned from a layup to take the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) in solid fashion Sept. 7 at Arlington Park, becoming his sire's first stakes winner in the process.
Wait a While answered any questions about her ability to handle the turf when she demolished the field in the $750,000 American Oaks Invitational (gr. IT) for 3-year-old fillies at Hollywood Park Sunday.
Japanese-bred Asahi Rising will try to follow in the footsteps of Cesario Sunday when she faces seven opponents in the $750,000 American Oaks Invitational (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies on the Hollywood Park turf.
Harriett Lane, a game second behind the red-hot Foxysox two months ago, carries country western singing star Toby Keith's hopes in Sunday's $175,000-added Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Hollywood Park turf Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing