Susan Moulton's Solitary Ranger controlled the pace and romped clear in the stretch to score easily over favored stablemate Poker Player in the $100,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes March 1 at Turfway Park.
Solitary Ranger returned from a layup to take the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) in solid fashion Sept. 7 at Arlington Park, becoming his sire's first stakes winner in the process.
Wait a While answered any questions about her ability to handle the turf when she demolished the field in the $750,000 American Oaks Invitational (gr. IT) for 3-year-old fillies at Hollywood Park Sunday.
Japanese-bred Asahi Rising will try to follow in the footsteps of Cesario Sunday when she faces seven opponents in the $750,000 American Oaks Invitational (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies on the Hollywood Park turf.
Harriett Lane, a game second behind the red-hot Foxysox two months ago, carries country western singing star Toby Keith's hopes in Sunday's $175,000-added Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Hollywood Park turf Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Symposium Documents Racing's Racino Problem
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win