North East Bound set a moderate pace then bounded away in the stretch to win the $145,500 Canadian Turf Handicap by 4 3/4 lengths on the good main track at Gulfstream Park Saturday.
An overflow field of 14 turf runners has been entered for the one-mile, $150,000 Appleton Handicap (gr. IIT) at Gulfstream Park Saturday. The field includes two horses owned and bred by Arthur Appleton, for whom the race is named.
Galic Boy, the Hawthorne course-record holder at about 1 1/16 miles on turf, upset 13-10 favorite Where's Taylor to earn his first career graded stakes win in Saturday's $150,000 Robert F. Carey Memorial Handicap (gr. IIIT) at the Chicago-area track.
Most Popular Stories
- WinStar Farm Acquires Interest in Upstart
- Mitchell Remembered as 'Brilliant Horseman'
- Red Cadeaux Nearing Record Earnings Plateau
- Kentucky Derby Prep Race Results and Points
- 2015 Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 20
- Broad Offering Should Keep OBS April Growing
- Newton to Receive Preakness Photography Award
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic